An integrated manufacturing platform, the law of science and technology, and industrial ecosystem - smart production and intelligent precision manufacturing with digital decision, AI modeling, big data governance and kernel technologies
The AIMS team has integrated cross-discipline research teams among leading universities in Taiwan to establish a world-class AI research center on the basis of Taiwan's competitive advantages in manufacturing and leading semiconductor manufacturing companies. Through in-depth collaborative empirical studies with leading enterprises in Taiwan for validation, AIMS has developed core technologies including advanced AI algorithms, deep learning and machine learning, digital decision, data science, and big data analytics as the modules for an integrated platform for smart production to empower intelligent manufacturing and digital transformation toward Industry 3.5/Industry 4.0. The involved issues such as the law of science and technology, AI modeling, big data governance and ethics guidelines for trustworthy AI are also investigated to facilitate sharing common wealth of AI- empowered industries among various stakeholders. Based on competitive advantages of Taiwan manufacturing, AIMS will strengthen long-term collaborations with leading AI centers to cultivate young talents and enhance Taiwan manufacturing impacts on emerging countries.
While specific research milestones are deployed to address critical needs of Taiwan industries for advanced migration and digital transformation, AIMS integrates outstanding research teams in Taiwan for intelligent manufacturing technologies including the following areas.
1. An integrated Platform for AI Model & Analytics as a Services, including the developed modules for intelligent manufacturing solutions and the involved issues about policy, business Model, and data governance are developed to enable such platform.
2. Federated learning has been developed as a core technology including the construction of hardware, software and database and thus been employed for monitoring distributed machines in different sites of the supply chains to enhance the reliability and supply chain resilience.
3. Robotic machining intelligence is developed to integrate AI motion planning and control, computer vision, defect detection, and smart machine processing for complicated surface polishing with high reflection.
4. Digital decision for smart production integrates related intelligent technologies for demand forecast, capacity planning, advanced planning and scheduling, advanced process/equipment/quality control, yield enhancement, and total resource management.
University-Industry Collaborative Studies for Validation
- Empirical studies for validation in real settings to foster integration of cross-discipline teams and accelerate the growth of AI teams to empower digital transformation of various industries in Taiwan.
- Win-win collaborations with leading enterprises including TSMC, ZD Tech., PSMC, Macronix, AUO, ASE, Micron, Delta, MPI, AIDC etc.